Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I've got a lot of catching up to do....

It's been a while, and the funnies are piling up! So...here we go!!

Harrison and Clayton playing dollhouse in Ms. Sally's room:
Harrison: The baby's crying.
Clayton: Yeah, it probably wants to eat.
Harrison: Yeah, it wants a bottle.
Clayton: No, it wants to nurse. Have you ever seen those babies latch on?? They can really suck.
Harrison: That's just not right. In fact, that's outrageous!

Learning about Barack Obama in Ms. Sally's room, Alex asked, "Was he alive when there were dinosaurs?"

And talking about cursive writing...
Ms. Sally: As you get older, you will write in cursive. You will learn to write your name in cursive.
Harrison: Ms. Sally, I don't care how old you get, you don't ever curse anyone. And you never curse yourself.

After a particularly good day in the yellow room, Zachary's dad said, "I'm so proud of you! Do you think we should go somewhere special?" Zachary replied, "Yes...and I think it should be somewhere that BOUNCES!" Bounce Zone anyone???

One day in the red room, Kyle had an accident and went to change his clothes. Realizing he didn't have any underwear in his bag, Ms. Carly said, "It's ok, just put your pants on." Kyle responded, "Well, my mom doesn't really like it when I go commando."

Ms. Lynna (pronounced like Renee only with an L) has started teaching in the yellow room...Here are the names she is answering to:
Lemay (Teagan)
Lemonay (Ava)
Renee (Bryce)
Lennamay (Tessa)
Melay (Val)
and (of course) Mindi!

Beth, who was having a cranky day at school didn't take a nap. She got up off her cot and was even more cranky than she had been before. I said to her, "Beth, when you feel cranky, you need sleep. Today would have been a good day for you to nap." Beth looked me right in the eye and said, "Well, maybe today would have been a good day for you to nap, too." And, undoubtedly, she was right!!

1 comment:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I needed some giggles this morning!!

I gave myself a time out yesterday evening. 10 mins in my room. I think Mommy's should be given daily time outs... or naps!