Wednesday, November 19, 2008

From the mouths of babes...

Just some cute things I've heard from little people recently:

On Tuesday, I was doing a tour with a potential family. I walked into the Blue room and was just telling them some different things the children do in there. At that time, the children were at the water table, which I pointed out to the family. Suddenly from the water table I hear these words, directed at not me, not the other children, but the family following along behind me: "Oh yeah. I'm the fabulous one!" I look over, and a "certain little girl" has both hands up in the air, both fingers pointing at the top of her own head, and one hip cocked out to the side. I thought the mom touring with me was going to pop! Would anyone care to guess who said it?

Today (Wednesday) the AM Pre-K was in the Green room working on a top secret project. Cooper and Owen were both using a turquoise color of paint. I commented that I really liked it, and Ms. Sally concurred, "I just love that blue! And Cooper and Owen, you're both using it." Owen piped up and said, "We call it 'Kleinmaier Blue'!"

Last week (or maybe the week before) I was talking to Harrison when his dad came in to pick him up. I grabbed Harrison as he walked past me and squeezed him and said, "I love seeing you everyday." Harrison pushed me away, looked at his dad and said, "See what I have to put up with all day?"

They certainly keep us laughing! More cute stories to follow regularly...I feel sure of it!

On a more serious note, we had our inspection from the State of Indiana today and passed with NO noncompliances. WOO-HOO for us!!! Lori (our consultant) was very happy with our program, and was especially impressed by our FABULOUS teachers!! And why wouldn't she be...they ROCK!

And HOORAY for these children who have achieved special milestones recently:
Ashlee can write her first AND last name!
Oliver, Cooper, and Owen completed all of the levels on one of our Clifford computer programs.
Riya and Nadia can say the Pledge of Allegiance.
Grayson is POTTY TRAINED! (WOO-HOO for Ms. Carly on that one!)

I know there's more, and I could go on and on. We're so proud of how quickly the kids are moving along! We're so excited for Parent/Teacher conferences to share more with you about what your child has done so far...and where we're going from here!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Gee. I can't possibly guess who Ms. Fabulous might be. Hopefully she's not scaring off potential students in all of her pink splendor!!